Tuesday, March 23, 2010

starting over, again

Winter hit the East Coast a few months ago and with it came an almost immediate freezing of my blogging desire and skills. Having my own personal blog stalker (pretty harmless, but a stalker nonetheless) and limited internet access also contributed to my extended absence from the blogging world. But Spring finally arrived in DC and my excuses are melting away. Here's a look back on what I've been up to since last you read me.

Left my family in San Diego after a wonderful Christmas holiday and came back to the East Coast

Housing scramble, left DC and Moved to Virginia

Birthday celebrations (more coming on 30 is the new 20 blog post)

Maharani cupcakes, my experimental Thai dessert that has rocked my world

Snowpocalyse and how the "Lost" addiction began

My new neighbor, friend and running partner Courtney!


Other news:
Still writing my novel...slowly
Taking advantage of medical and dental benefits
Love to wear bright floral tights with my black dress as we slowly say goodbye to Winter and welcome Spring.
I'm learning that being creative is more than making pretty things (although that's a fun part of it). Lately I created an environment where I was able to bring different sets of friends together and help two of them make a love connection. Details coming on my next blog (hint: furniture stickers)

11 comments:

Christin said...

Jane,
How I missed your wonderful posts. I'm glad you're back in business. Call if you're ever down our way. We'd love to see you. NYC isn't going to happen for us. We are going to be in Idaho in July and then a cruise in Dec. with my family. Too much traveling for our little family. Sorry, we'll have to catch you next summer.

Christin

Kate said...

So glad to see you back on the blog-sphere!

Also glad that we are not the only people we know wildly obsessed with LOST!!!!

Lindsay said...

these don't look like cell phone photos. what's going on?

Beck the Speck said...

Hello fellow blog artist
I love you.

Kustin and Jelsey said...

Thanks for the reminder on the "hug"story earlier. Hope you've mended you fragile psyche.

Pat said...

so glad you're BACK --- Wes and Jenny are still sleeping at our house @ 8:30 am.... good for them. Wes is such the little man already; he walks everywhere!

Kelli Burton said...

oh Jane. I've missed your blog. welcome back.

yes, a rocky to start to this year but I feel like it'll be one of the best yet!

Prince said...

Thanks for the love everyone! And the reason my photos are so amazing (besides the fact that I have mad photography skills) is because Jenny gave me her camera...the Canon Rebel...and I love it!!!

Jenny said...

you need to post the cupcake recipe...they look so professional..or is that just the camera? ;)

love you!

alisha said...

Those cupcakes look divine! Can't wait to hear about more of your creative endeavors too. :)

Jill said...

I love your new blog. It is wonderful to hear President Uchtdorf's voice. That talk was so inspiring. Love you.
Jill B.

Contributors