Thursday, May 15, 2008

I've been neglecting my blogging relationships

Sarah's 16th birthday party (my step-niece)

Family bonding over Wheel of Fortune video game, courtesy of Kellen

Joe's version of a Mother's Day meal...mom loved it!

I 'm sorry to those of you who have viewed my blog in it's unchanging state for the past month and a half. I have enjoyed looking at and reading your blogs but have not been posting on mine. Just to get me started again, here I am blogging with nothing particular to say...just a few photos and thoughts.

Today is finish-my-final-graduate-paper-of-the-semester day and right now blogging seems much more attractive. My brother is on his way to Arizona for a PGA qualifier, my sister is reveling in her freedom from college exams and papers (she finished yesterday), and my mother is off to her Apple 0ne-to-one class that she takes every week. I would normally be at work, but I arranged my schedule so that I could spend today finishing my paper for my Latin American Colonial History class...and blogging.

Since my return from Argentina I have been writing in a journal every evening. But a few days ago I wrote on the very last page and have not purchased a new one. I'm going to attempt to use this blog as a journal of sorts, but I must admit I'll be keeping my most intimate thoughts for my new bed-side journal. As I began re-reading my journal I was reminded of how blessed I am. I needed a job...I have four now. I wanted to take a semester of grad school but had missed the deadline...the Dean pulled some strings and I was able to take a class in order to keep me on track for graduation at the end of 2008. I felt a desire to continue serving and helping others...and just before the desire left me (as it usually does, unfortunately) opportunity after opportunity presented themselves and I've felt the joy of doing good where I could. After reading my journal I also realize the great room for improvement. But little by little I see myself growing and learning...avoiding past mistakes, but finding time to make new ones. Let's hope I can avoid blogless weeks.

9 comments:

Pat said...

Never fear Jane; I'll read your blog whenever you get around to blogging. Sorry I missed your call yesterday. Jeff & Jenny & Bryan arrived safely home yesterday. Paula & Steve hosted a welcome home dinner; it was GREAT! The Gough family is great; their family just keeps on growing as they welcome their daughter-in-laws, their parents and siblings into their family. I love them all.

Lindsay said...

i like you, jane.

Jenny said...

sn't my mom cute?

I'm so glad to see you blogging..and talking about committing to at least a blog a week? That's brave...perhaps I'll be encouraged to try a blog a day? Don't worry, you can build to that...

I miss you! When can you come visit?

Jenny said...

hey...what was all that consistency talk?

Kustin and Jelsey said...

Maybe lindsay likes you,b ut I'll have to think about it.
KFlake

Lindsay said...

you shouldn't really title a post "i've been neglecting my blogging relationships" and then deliberately neglect those relationships for the next month or so. what's wrong jane?

allison said...

it sounds like lindsay's liking you is contingent upon the integrity of your blog postings, jane. that's a lot of pressure.

p.s. my little sister confessed to me that she is a dean duncan fan! i hope you don't mind that i shared details of your(past?)relationship with her...

Anonymous said...

Okay, when I said I was going to start blogging regularly I meant once a month. So, here it is June 15th and I'm blogging again. Geeeze Louise!

(Sorry I didn't see your comments until now. You may have a small point when you imply that I'm still neglecting my blogging relationships.)

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness...is it really this late? The sacrifices I make to be a blogger!

Contributors