Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Freedom is not found in a fried Twinkie

Although I forgot to take a picture of it, I did purchase a fried Twinkie at the San Diego County Fair on the 4th of July. I had heard that a fried Twinkie was the thing to buy at the Fair. I was intrigued with the idea of someone turning one of America's unhealthiest snacks into something infinitely more lethal. Not only did the Twinkie's taste disappoint, but waiting in line for it caused me to miss the first half of the Fireworks show because the fried booth was behind a rather large building. The whole Twinkie experience was anticlimactic to say the least. But here are a few pictures of more enjoyable moments this Independence Day weekend. I am very grateful for the freedoms we have in our country, especially the freedom to be with my family and celebrate together.

I almost found Freedom inside this flag cake (a family tradition).


I loved the flower shows at the Fair.

The cows were well-groomed and quite friendly.

We decided to watch the pig races.

I was excited when Ba-rack-o-ribs-Obama won!


On Sunday, we had a delicious lasagna dinner (not a traditional American meal, but we exercised our freedom to eat whatever we wanted).


After a long weekend, the Prince girls went to the Otay Ranch Town Center and shopped a bit. We ended up at Barnes & Noble to look for some fun books to enjoy while we relaxed on their great sofas.

Mom found some great cooking books and I was intrigued by random trivia and this photography book.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

let freedom ring! I was happy to help inspire your post. That lasagna looked amazing (someone's hungry)! I'm so glad to see tamra there too!

Lindsay said...

let's celebrate our freedom to hang out tomorrow.

Contributors