Sunday, February 8, 2009

Taylor Guitar Factory tour

Thanks to Jeff's dad, I found out that some of the most famous guitars in the world are made right in my back yard. My dad always played a Martin, but I don't think he would be opposed to my visiting the factory. It was really fun to see all the ins and outs of how a Taylor guitar is made. Although I can only play a few songs on the guitar (On Top of Ol' Smokey being my signature piece), I can certainly appreciate great craftsmanship when I see it.



A green one!



A sneak peek at their newest model, the T3 I believe. This employee was testing it out. I almost touched it!

4 comments:

Pat said...

We were at Steve & Paula's today and Jeff was playing a guitar. Baby Miles Gough is so darn cute.

Elena said...

Cool Pictures Jane!

Aaron said...

sweet! i should do that sometime. taylor is 2nd only to martin. well, maybe 3rd to martin and gibson. in any case, i love taylor guitars...

Jenny said...

i totally missed these posts! jeff's dad is so proud!

and you almost touched it? wow

Contributors