Okay, so it's not really 29 on 29...but if 2009 was a leap year then today would really be the last day in February - 02/29/09 ;) Here's a bit of what happened during my birthday month.

Lindsay had her baby girl - Ada - on Valentine's Day and I was able to visit them at the hospital during Ada's first few hours. It was a very special, new experience for me. Lindsay is the first friend I have been able to visit in the hospital right after giving birth. Ada is quite the little doll and I loved sharing this time with Lindsay.


Big brother Seth came a little later and adored his baby sister.

Caroline's puppy, Money, is entering his cute toddler stage at a very advanced level. He loves to play Quiddler with us.

And he loves his Aunt Becky...as we all do. Aunt Beck came for a week to visit us.

Money couldn't get enough of her.





Janet Deering, the co-owner, took me on an amazing personal tour and gave me a great banjo CD.

When I got into my car after the tour I realized that the zipper on my pants had been undone the whole time. Great! But it seems banjo players are very forgiving.

Some friends and I were lost one evening and we came across this shop. It was closed, but we were very curious as to what was in there.

My birthday bouquet from Morgan and Amy.

A compost bouquet. Mom and I are composting like crazy...and creating art as we go.

Brody came over to work on a school project. Pam-ma taught him how to use the sewing machine so he could sew this little hand puppet. He loved making it and is so excited that he can sew now!


Morgan and Amy brought me balloons and flowers.

Charmaine, Audrey and Katie planned a surprise dinner with Filipino food and my favorite lemon cake. I loved it!!

Mom helped facilitate the surprise.

Charmaine and Audrey surprised me with a singing telegram...my first ever. They sang "Why do birds suddenly appear..." (all verses, with some of their own lyrics). It was hilarious, especially since they chose to wear costumes. Thank you...I felt so loved!

Mom made a delicious pizza for one of my many birthday dinners.

I'm 29 and still taking pictures of myself.

Saying goodbye to some friends as I get ready to head up to Seattle.

John and Amy invited me over for a taco farewell dinner at their place. I will miss being so close to them.


I love being an aunt.

I'll be on the road to Seattle soon...
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Jane! Love your compost art. Very creative.
The zipper thing happens to me all the time. :)
How long will you be here? We'd love to see you.
What's in seattle? Job? Don't you know that Provo Utah has the best job market right now? Ok, so maybe not, but there sure are a lot of people here who love you.
i don't even know where to begin to start commenting...
do NOT go into the smile shop- I have a bad feeling about that one
YAY you're coming to Seattle! Wes is so excited! (although he's sleeping right now)
and did people wear green at your going away party in honor of you?
see you soon!
looking forward to seeing you soon, jane! hope you have a safe trip up here!
thanks for making me and ada famous on your blog. also, i loved your message on my answering machine as you passed my old exit in the bay area. have fun in seattle. i'll miss you, but hope you enjoy your time there (especially with your spring crush).
we miss you already.
as far as the loose zipper...i realized i had my zipper down when i was seeing a patient the other day. pretty embarrassing--the white coat was barely long enough.
Post a Comment