Living in
The best little smiler in the world!!
I had so many wonderful outings with Jenny and Jeff...they really know how to show a girl a good time!
I loved eating in Seattle! Jenny is a great cook and we had fun experimenting with various recipes. And Jeff was always so generous to take us all out for a meal. Here I am at Palisades just absorbing the view and the great smells!
I couldn't believe it when Jeff jumped on to the table and started dancing with the chef at Palisades. It was quite a show!
I went camping with my friend Monica and her daughter Kayla...beautiful Washington!
I went on a Kindergarden adventure with my Aunt Becky to the beach.
I didn’t know how long I would be in Seattle…I was hoping until the end of summer…but an internship opportunity presented itself and I chose to come to Washington DC to work for The Nature Conservancy in their Film and Video department. During my first week I was able to participate in a film workshop that was taught by an experienced cinematographer from National Geographic, a freelance editor, and my boss who used to be a producer for National Geographic television and film. I had a great time. Now, I’m working on the project they hired me to do – film and video archiving! It’s not the most glamorous work (I’ll be in the editing room most of the time) but I’ll be working hard. I miss all my
It's hard to see, but this is a Metro stop "Friendship Heights" and it's on the corner of Jennifer Street and Western...is it a sign that I'm supposed to be near my best friend in the West?!!
Obama's place.
My place.
DC is so beautiful...and there's so much to see I'll never fit it all in.
I love DC...and I'm excited to be here during our nation's independence celebration, but I do miss family and friends. And I'm VERY sad to be missing my mom's flag cake this year!!! Maybe I'll be ambitious and try to make one of my own.









6 comments:
loved reading this post, jane! we all miss you and can't wait for you to be back in seattle (hopefully for good)! xoxo, kristen
it is a sign!!! come back jane! (that's all Wes has been saying now for weeks...we were hoping his first words would be mama or dada, who knew?)
we all miss you! can't wait to reunite in Sunriver!
miss you in SD. need a buddy to shamelessly go see harry potter with. (lindsay won't go with me).
i'm jealous of your association with national geographic. i'm a big fan.
p.s. come back to sd.
Jane,
I miss you a lot!! And did you notice that "Western" also has Wes in the name? I mean, could it be more obvious? :) Can't wait to see you again (I just know you'll be back).
love, rachel
Hey! So glad to hear you got there safely and that things are going well! Sean still talks about Miss Jane, so you will have to keep posting updates so he can keep up on you and your happenings. My family spent a 4th of July in DC when I was in Jr. High - it was crazy fun! I hope you enjoy yourself and stay hydrated!!! Sean says "Hi" and that he wants to show you how he plays his GUItar.
Happy 4th! It's really hot here! I made 3 batches of Rice Krispie Treats this a.m., one normal, one dyed red, and one dyed blue.
Post a Comment