Sunday, March 16, 2008

Costco Connections and Heinz Happenings


Monday the 10th of March was a special day for me. I became an executive member of Costco Wholesale! I've been to Costco more times than I can remember, but I've never had my own card. I love all the experiences I've had at Costco, whether they be spending quality time in the aisles with my mother and family or having hot dogs and sodas with Jenny and her mom. I've always thought of it as the happiest place on earth. I've laughed and cried at Costco...feeling at home in any branch. Okay, that might just might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I do love Costco. But one thing worries me. Now that I have my own card, will it become less of a family event and more of a personal consumer activity? I hope not. What added more to my joy was chatting with Jenny on the phone later that day and finding out she had gone to Costco that same day to get her own card! It's nice to know we still have a Costco connection.

In other news, I had some great aunt-niece-nephew bonding time with Morgan and Brody as we made our very own Heinz 57 Ketchup commercial. Brody is the main actor, Morgan the camerawoman, and I helped edit it. And thanks to Jenny and Jeff, we have a great musical score. We entered it in the Heinz 57 contest for best original commercial, but won't have our hearts broken if we don't win. (You may have to watch it a couple of times to understand the concept ;)


3 comments:

Jenny said...

oh, wow! That will surly win! Did you know I dislike getting ketchup on my fingers? So, that scene kind of grossed me out..but you and Brody are such natural actors, the clip totally redeemed itself!

And it's true..after enjoying free membership as a Costco employee I had to purchase my first membership and it happened to be on the same day as YOU! How fun to get your call and find out that we are still connected!

Pat said...

Little Brody is growing up! Does he remember the Other Grandma? (Me)

Great commercial; and for someone who just started blogging, you are really high tech - a video posting already?

I'm always proud of you.

Happy Easter to you and your entire Family - I hope we're spending Easter with Jenny's Aunt Rhoda and Uncle Dave.

Lindsay said...

i remember our first costco experience together. let's have a second one jane. go heinz!

Contributors