Saturday, October 10, 2009

10 on 10 for Jenny

This 10 on 10 is dedicated to Jenny Gough, Best Friend Extraordanaire, for her birthday. Since I'm living in the "wrong" Washington these days, I really miss being so close to Jenny. But I realized that I'm surrounded by several things that she has given me, remind me of her, or are Jenny-inspired.


Jenny has taught me many things over the years and so I started to keep a list of Jenny's Rules.

This is the book Jenny made for me when she worked at Costco - Jenny's Rules are inside! She has continuously supported my desire to keep a journal by gifting me several of them throughout my life.

I keep the Peacock feather I bought from Jen Carrigan next to my shoe calendar...thanks to Jenny I'm very connected to several creative and talented people.

Jenny gave me her iPod and I downloaded the songs she sang for me on my birthday (which she co-wrote with Jeff). This one is called "Tailypoo" and it's always fun to have it pop up randomly when I put the iPod on shuffle.

Thanks to Jenny I'm a chicken sausage fan now and am doing my best to promote aidells here in DC. I frequently chat with women who are near the sausage aisle as I'm selecting my flavor to tell them how great these little numbers are.

This is another example of something I own because of Jenny's creative connections. Jenny gave me this necklace for an early Christmas present (she knows I love green) and Rebekah Gough is the amazing designer. I love it!!!

This hat in my closet is one that Jenny encouraged me to buy when I was visiting her in Ballard...and I don't think I've ever owned a cuter hat :)

Jenny is a wonderful example of generosity and this bottle of lotion represents our fun times at The Four Seasons this Spring (I had to take a momento and I'm pretty sure the hotel expects its guests to take the toiletries...right???)

Jenny gave me this jacket because she knew I loved it (and it didn't hurt that a mystery stain showed up before she gave it to me...I swear I didn't do it on purpose in order to seal the deal ;)

This is my favorite...a lap quilt that Jenny made. It brightens my room and makes me smile.

I love you Jenny! You are always with me.

3 comments:

Pat said...

I just knew that you would post something special for your dear friend - she & Wesley just arrived...

Jenny said...

thanks jane...i can't believe how many things remind you of me...you're the best!

Shauna said...

That was really cute. :)

Contributors