Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas all at once

I woke up Saturday morning to a pancake breakfast prepared by my roommate Autumn which we ate with one of our other roommates, Erin.  Great pancakes with dark and mint chocolate chips...great conversation.  We thought it would be a nice idea to set up and decorate our Christmas tree to surprise our other roommates when they got home.  No sooner had we decided to do it when it started to do this outside:




It snowed in DC!


I got to place the first ornament on the tree (the first of many Christmas cookie cutters that my mom sent me) as we listened to Christmas carols and watched the snow fall outside.








Autumn got her first credit card in the mail today...Santa came early for her!



Later that evening our new friend Ashley drove us through the snow to our church's Christmas dinner and then to Ford's Theater downtown to see A Christmas Carol performed.  A great day, to say the least. 



 
Today was a perfect compliment with a great Sacrament meeting focused on Christ, dinner with our former roommate Lexie and her husband Rick (I forgot to bring my camera...and I also forgot to take a picture with my phone...sheesh!) and then followed by the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional.



3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, your house is beautiful, and your tree is beautiful, and your face is beautiful. I'm so overwhelmed right now!

Jenny said...

that tree is truly legit! great work ;)

Pat said...

I love reading your posts. Wishing you and your family and roommates a very Merry Christmas.

Contributors