Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Thanksgiving Tradition!








Last year we celebrated Thanksgiving early with the Burninghams and then, on Thanksgiving day, we experimented with new recipes.  We decided to do it again this year.  John and Amy cooked the turkey, made the stuffing, potatoes, and yams at their place and Mom, Brody and I made pies (the triple combo), yum yum salad and rolls.  We met at John and Amy's at 6 o'clock last night for the family feast.  Amy was a great hostess (even though she put me at the kid table and wouldn't let me join in the adult conversation unless spoken to first ;-) The Traditional Dinner was spectacular!  Here are a few shots of the guests.  I am looking forward to the experimental menu at our house today...which includes pork loin and a new twist on stuffing.  Morgan and Brody have been very helpful with the preparations...and we've even started decorating for Christmas.  I love my family and am very grateful to be near them.  

3 comments:

Jenny said...

happy thanksgiving! I remember you tried the pumpkin gnocci last year- this year I would have suggested broccoli with brown butter and misythra.

Can't wait till you come visit!

Pat said...

Happy Day after Thanksgiving! I really look forward to the leftovers the day after - no cooking the day after; it's like a true day off. Can't wait 'til you come to visit either. By the way, we played Quiddler last night with Elena, Mike, Tyler, Jacob, and Pam. Tyler won - and he's got a driving permit now.

Love to you and your family.
Pat & Joe

*ehu. said...

Dude, your brother's cute!

Contributors