The 5th date died (well, HE didn't die, but our date did). He had asked me if I wanted to make cookies at his place around 8pm....I said that sounded great. He didn't confirm my confirmation so at around 7:45 I texted him to confirm the time of our date (asking him if I should get a confirmation number next time) and he texted back that he wanted to push it back an hour...I said, sheesh I guess that's okay...but then I texted back no way Jose (his name has been change to protect the fool) because I was too tired and I didn't think I had the energy. And I really didn't want to spend time with someone that wasn't making me a priority for the evening. (I didn't tell him that last part...but that's what I felt.) He didn't text or call to fight me on the issue so, yeah, the date died, as well as my excitement about the whole thing. Who likes cookies anyway?
Thanks for all the positive feedback...I really have some great friends. Here's to finding a new 5th!
Tender Mercy #18: My boss invited me to lunch today, told me that she was trying to find me some extra work for the Smithonians (because she knows I'm looking), suggested some new housing options for me (because she knows I'm looking), AND she told me to take off work early. She's a gem!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(45)
-
▼
November
(30)
- petite green peas and ghost babies, a novelette
- driving miss lackadaisy
- a very special garbage day
- holiday giving...holiday taking
- thanksgiving, el dia de acción de gracias
- scalp relief
- profanity prince
- the spanish continues
- sabbath day pounding
- walking distance
- dates dead
- dates
- there's no such place as far away
- a whole new world
- Wesley's One
- Wesley's after party
- oldest sister
- unconditional
- happy and healthy
- back in the seattle again
- 10 on 10 November
- and we're walking...
- tender mercies defined
- falling in love with fall
- lunch learning
- creature comforts
- run to the temple
- apple babies
- a novel november
- Halloween, a conservative affair...naturally
-
▼
November
(30)
4 comments:
I was waiting with bated breath for date #5 update; you're right, he was a loser! Where are you spending Thanksgiving?
thanks for the support!
Thanksgiving? I'll be spending it with my 2nd cousin here in DC...her name is Katie and we'll have dinner together with one of her friends.
Glad you're getting lots of dating action in DC. Maybe when your first novellette is finished you can write one about Dating in DC. I'd read that. :)
alisha - you are a fountain of inspiration. and maybe if i was writing a novel about dating i could ask guys to ask me out so i could do plenty of "research" for the novel...i'd tell them they'd be famous and i'm sure they would be on their best behavior because they wouldn't want to look like a fool in the book. this could really be something! ;)
Post a Comment