Wednesday, November 18, 2009

there's no such place as far away


Tender Mercy #16: Having a job in general is a marvelous blessing. But having one flexible enough that I could take the trip to Seattle...that's incredible. I was so grateful my boss allowed me to arrange my schedule so I could spend as much time as possible with the Goughs and my family in Seattle.

When I returned to DC this morning, and went right into work, my boss came into my office, asked how the trip was, said she was glad I was back and told me to take my time settling back in. She's so terrific. I love my little office, called a "cube". It's well equipped for video editing and I love the fake view I've created with the large photo on my wall.

These three are worth traveling the world over and over again. But, as Jenny and I well know, There's No Such Place As Far Away. (Be warned, the ratings and comments for this book can be deceiving. It's actually the most ridiculous book I've ever purchased for someone without reading it first...I'm so sorry Jenny :) All joking aside, I do feel very close to this little family even though I'm miles away right now. I can fell their warmth, generosity, and spice of life from here. And I can't wait to start iChating with video...yippee!

Novel Update:
While in Seattle, my novel writing took a back seat, but I still wrote something everyday before I fell asleep. Now that I'm back in DC and riding the Metro again, I'll be able to find my rhythm. Even though I was so tired that I almost got off on the wrong stop today after work, I was still able to find some inspiration and write a page on the train. They're short pages, truth be told...so my novel will probably end up being a novelette, but I'm making progress regardless. And now, I must sleep...

4 comments:

Jenny said...

wow, i feel so honored to have so many tender mercies assigned to our family.

you're our tender mercy, jane!

can't wait to be with you again...but in truth, i already am ;)

Kristen Gough said...

seeing you at wes' party just wasn't enough, jane! come back soon!! :)

*ehu. said...

I seriously love reading all of your tender mercies. I think I'm going to try it next month.

Rachel said...

Maybe I missed this, but have you mentioned what your novel is about? I'm intrigued.

Contributors