I normally have Friday's off from work...which is a TM in and of itself. I don't have enough vacation time stored up yet, so today I needed to work in order to be able to take a day off next week so I can come to Seattle (a trip that is sure to be full of tender mercies). I don't mind coming in to work, but I was sad that I would be missing my Friday afternoon Institute of Religion Class on Capitol Hill. I've enjoyed attending it since September and have learned more about the doctrine of Christ. We also focus on how this country's Christian background is quite a legacy and we have a right and responsibility to continue to make this country free and great. I'm beginning to understand that popular sovereignty requires popular responsibility...we all must bear our part. The Nature Conservancy, where I work, is about a 35 minute metro ride to Capitol Hill and I only have an hour for lunch. But I was able to work it out that if I took a longer lunch today I would just stay that much longer at the end of the day to make up the time. I had to sprint to and from the metro to make it work, but the day was so sunny and fresh, with the autumn leaves swirling around me that it was a pleasure to be out during the day. And I got a bit of exercise in, too. We discussed how the family is central to God's plan for us. I'm very grateful for my beautiful family and how God inspires me to strengthen my bonds with them often. I felt lighter than air as I ran back to work. :)
The above photo is of me and my sister Tamra, taken on the Fourth of July this year on Capitol Hill. And below you can see that I did make my mom's 4th of July cake this year...family, freedom and food, what a combo!

The above photo is of me and my sister Tamra, taken on the Fourth of July this year on Capitol Hill. And below you can see that I did make my mom's 4th of July cake this year...family, freedom and food, what a combo!
2 comments:
i know this has nothing to do with what you wrote...but I can't get over just how red your hair is in that last photo.
can't wait to see it next week!!!
Jane,
Thanks for the message on our machine. You look FAAAABULOUS by the way. Hope to hear from you soon.
Christin
Post a Comment